Tuesday, July 19, 2011

ahhh living the good life.

I'm sitting here just waiting on my pretzel bread to finish rising, so I can make these pretzels....but I'm realizing it's been awhile since I just had some "me" time...really since I've done anything for ME! My tennis shoes have holes in them, but my kids have brand new sandals and shoes. My clothes are older, but my kids have the latest styles. I never realized how much you give and give as a parent. Looking back now I feel bad that I always asked my mom for more. I'd like a nice hot bubble bath ALONE, actually I'd like to enter the bathroom alone...haha. I'd like to go travel and be able to see the things I want, and not the characters walking around. haha.
but ....
I wouldn't change my life for anything. I would like to do something for me, and my time will come, but I'm starting to realize how much I love watching their little faces light up when they get a new toy, or earn a star on their chart, or play He Man and I'm Skeletor...haha...

One of these days though, I'll put myself out there and take chances, and live my dream..until then- I'll keep living the good life one day at a time!

2 comments:

  1. ♥ ♥

    weird to think about...what we ever did before we were parents huh? lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knowwww...I wouldn't change A THING..I loveeeee my kids and it's just so fun and heartwarming to just sit and watch them..makes me think of that song "my front porch looking in".... they just make me smile...

    ReplyDelete