Monday, August 25, 2014

I'm a...freshman...at 30?! Oye

Today was my first day in college. I'm a freshman. I am 30 years old. 13 years ago I was starting my senior year of HIGH SCHOOL. This is just insane. Where did the time go? It really hit me today doing some introductions in sociology class. There were sophomores in there younger than me. I had to say "I'm a freshman". It felt SO silly. It's one of those moments that kind of slaps you into reality.
Gone are the skinny, low rise jeans, tight tank top, in style, cool moments. I am NOT cool. I am 30. I'm not "old", but I'm "older"....lol.... It just hit me today that's all. 30 never really bothered me until today! I'm not exactly sure where I fit in, but ah who needs to fit in right?
All that aside, today was a good first day of college. I am some super nice professors, that have some interesting stories to tell! I think this is going to be a great semester! I won't even start on how hard I think next semester will be! HA! I hope everyone else that went back today had a great day as well!
I came home- kids were crazy! lol...Thank goodness they start school tomorrow as well, or I'd never get anything done! I adore my kids, but this summer has been insane! I've kept them pretty busy, but I can only do so much. I have a new appreciation for my own mother, who also raised 3 kids! Luckily I'm not doing it on my own like she had to!

Can I just say- I wish I'd have stayed in college after high school?! I'm not sure about others my age, except a few, but I think we all wish we'd have just gotten it over with while we were young, carefree, and CHILDLESS! lol... Here's to a great semester, and a great next 4 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment