Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Gosh- I haven't been able to get into blogger for a VERY long time...

I know it's been a LONG time..it always has.. I'm just not much of a writer I guess. School went well last semester- all A's. Christmas was good... we did the want, need, read gift giving for the kids this year, and I'm so glad. We don't have a bunch of random crap laying around so that's good.
Lately- My oldest son has been having issues with school...well not lately, but lately he's been crying. Crying because he doesn't want to go to school. He feels like the "bad kid". Can I just say I am ready to move? While I do like his teacher... I feel like they are allowing him to feel this way. I am in no means that mom that thinks a kid deserves a trophy just for showing up, but to make a kid in 1st grade feel like he hates school- is ridiculous. He has been put in the back of the classroom for weeks at a time. He is loud, he is goofy. He is who we called a class clown when I was a kid. The staff isn't really much help as far as my concerns, as they have labeled him already, and once you do that it's hard to see past it. At  what point as a mom do you just say enough? The problem is- kids will taunt my son- my son will eventually get mad...hit a kid...then the kid tattles and of course my son is the one in trouble despite the kid getting in his face and calling him ugly names...it's like NO...both kids were out of line. Period end of story. I got a phone call one day b/c my 6 year old son shook his booty at another boy and laughed and was saying "shake your booty"...ummm okay? they are 6 year old boys. That's what kids do. I kind of sound whiney- but it's just always one thing after another. Why can't we just accept him for who he is? Why can't he just be the class clown? Why is he stuck alone in the back of a classroom b/c he's goofy and loud? I just don't get it. This generation of teachers are kind of different. Don't get me wrong- there are A LOT  of great ones, and my son's is nice,..I just don't think most teachers know how to handle little boys. They just think all kids should be able to sit all day and listen and do work. It is unrealistic.
I am certainly hoping that my experiences will help me to become a better teacher in the future. I guess I just don't understand it. I know there are rules and things to get done...but I"m just sad. It makes me question the field I'm going into. What kinds of things will I have to do against my better judgment?
ANYWAY,
it's been sunny and nice here- like springtime. I am LOVING it, and I hope it stays that way..lol... I love having the windows open and the smell of a nice candle burning. I've been using the spun sugar from Target and then watermelon lemonade from bath and body works. Those are my two faves for now! lol...
 I swear I need to get a journal and write down the funny things my kids say- lately there as been a LOT!!  Of course I suffer from mom brain and cannot even think of one at the moment.
Hmmm..what else? Oh I'm taking intro to computing, history, and government this semester. Man- this is no joke. I suppose I should watch something other than Mickey Mouse Clubhouse now and then because I am so beyond lost lol....
Anyway just a short update- off to do homework and then relax while the baby naps.

No comments:

Post a Comment